Monday, September 10, 2007

2007 CATRA Vintage Trial - Part 2

After the first loop I had a solid lock on fourth place (out of four). Luckily some of my competition ran into problems. (Sponge) Bob, riding a borrowed Model 92 Bultaco Sherpa T, dropped out due to a bad condenser causing the bike to lose spark. Kevin, riding an Ossa, lost spark in Section 1 during the second loop. He was able to get his bike running again, but dropped out half-way through his second loop due to heat exhaustion. It was 90+ degrees with 90% humidity that day. Can you say hot and sticky? I kept my bike running, despite being jetted way too rich for the conditions. The cylinder loaded up a couple times and I had to change out the sparkplug twice, but I rode all three loops and wound up snagging some hardware for second place in Twin-Shock Intermediate. Another guy was shooting video and he followed me around on my last loop, when I crashed twice. I'm sure some of those clips will end up on youtube.

More phots from the CATRA Vintage Trial.


"Catching Z's."
Here's 1/4 of my pit crew hard at work. My youngest son had to take a nap due to all the excitement of watching daddy ride... yeah, right?


"Stay to the right, then go left, then right around the tree. Sounds easy, no?"
Entering Section 8. The guy on the left, in the yellow t-shirt, is the observer. He's holding up a clenched fist signalling that I haven't dabbed... yet. I think the other guy is holding onto the observer to keep him from falling over with laughter. He should've been helping me.



"Hey, I made that tricky turn. Don't dab now... of shhhiii!"
Riding through Section 8.



"Close the door fool. What's a girl gotta do to get any privacy?"
My daughter refused to use the portacans, so she had her own private bathroom in the back of the van. Spoiled much?

No comments: