Wednesday, September 19, 2007

2007 Newark Enduro

After floundering in the mud, eventually houring-out and still bagging some hardware at last years Newark (Fred Bourne Memorial) Enduro, I'm going to give it a go again this year.


2007 Newark Enduro Flyer. Says right there in black and white that it's "the longest consecutive running Enduro in the country." That's lawyer-ese for: "We think we're the oldest Enduro still running... maybe not."

I know this year it's been much drier in that area than it was last year. This was the only enduro I rode in 2006, except for the Snow Run, where a rear trials tire was a disadvantage. Even though conditions are much different I still think I'll run a knobby rear tire. Maybe I'll bring along a rear trials tire just in case. I seem to remember a lot of locals had inside knowledge about this enduro and remember passing one guy three or four times between checkpoints even though he never passed me.

Time to get me and the bike prepared.

No comments: